Re: [RTTY] Ahh, the sound!!

To: 'RTTY' <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Ahh, the sound!!
From: Roger Cooke <g3ldi@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 19:35:29 +0000 (GMT)
It sure does bring back memories! I had a Creed 7B in the early 60's and
luckily I also had a silence cover. However, it has always amazed me how clever
the guys were that designed these pieces of equipment. I spent a few years
looking for a 28ASR, my "dream" machine. I never did get one! I did end up with
a 19 set before disposing of all the mechanical gear in favour of computers.
PC's are not half as exciting though.
  It was not easy to operate RTTY in those days, hence the thrill of getting it
all to work.  I am giving a talk at the RSGB HFC on RTTY and shall be trying to
incorporate that Utube into my presentation.

  It would be nice to have the bell facility in MMTTY for us old timers! Also,
why do we still stick to 45 Bauds? Why not try 75 Bauds for a change. I have
had a few Q's at that speed but nobody has suggested changing  up to 75 as a
modern standard, quite easy in MMTTY.

Regards from Roger, G3LDI
Swardeston, Norfolk.