Re: [RTTY] QSL survey

To: "Glenn" <wb5tuf@earthlink.net>, "'Don W5FKX'" <w5fkx@cox.net>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] QSL survey
From: "Jeff Blaine AC0C" <keepwalking188@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:16:01 -0600
Glen,

Please have the reply below.

Of all the modes, the RTTY guys are by far the highest responding LoTW
group.  About 60%.  Yet another reason to love this classic mode.

73/jeff/ac0c

> Although this may be a bit off-topic, I hope that it is not objectionable.
> I am conducting an informal survey of QSLing methods and would very much
> appreciate your input. Please respond directly to me.
>
> 1. Do you use the Logbook of the World (LOTW)?
> If not, what has kept you from using it?

YES - I use DXKEEPER and it has an automated upload process which makes
uploading my logs to LOTW a one-button-click process.  Very easy now.

> 2. Do you use the eQSL service?
> If not, what has kept you from using it?

YES - same as LOTW - DXKEEPER does the upload with one click.

> 3. Do you use the QSL Bureau system?
> If not, what has kept you from using it?

YES - for everything not urgent.

> 4. Do you send out direct QSLs?
> If not, what has kept you from doing so?

YES - for band/modes/countries that I need.  If they don't clear in LoTW
after a few weeks, I will send direct.  This is expensive though and the
return rate, even for properly stuffed envelopes, is not very good.