Re: [RTTY] QSL survey

To: "'Don W5FKX'" <w5fkx@cox.net>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] QSL survey
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 17:06:43 -0500

> 1. Do you use the Logbook of the World (LOTW)?
> If not, what has kept you from using it?

YES - my preferred method.

> 2. Do you use the eQSL service?
> If not, what has kept you from using it?

No - after more than a half dozen requests for "confirmations"
by a certain middle-eastern station for QSOs for which I had
cards in hand and, in some cases, LotW confirmations that were
made with other stations in his country and the outright refusal
of eQSL to ban him from their system, I will not participate in
a system that refuses to exclude those who practice fraud as it
taints all "confirmations."

> 3. Do you use the QSL Bureau system?
> If not, what has kept you from using it?

Only if someone sends something that way.  The cost for outbound
cards is excessive compared to bundling cards for the common
bureaus and sending them in bundles.

> 4. Do you send out direct QSLs?
> If not, what has kept you from doing so?

YES - for "new ones" if there is no online QSL option.

> 5. What is the approximate percentages of your QSLs received via:
> LOTW     - 70% +/- of confirmations
> eQSL     -  0% given their lack of security I won't use them.
> Bureau   -  5% +/- of confirmations
> Direct   - 25% +/- of confirmations

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV