Re: [RTTY] Sound Cards

To: Richard Ferch <ve3iay@storm.ca>,rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Sound Cards
From: Jerry Flanders <jeflanders@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 14:47:12 -0500
At 02:18 PM 1/20/2010, Richard Ferch wrote:
>... there is a situation where
>stereo can be useful in a sound card for RTTY, and that is when you have
>two receivers. You can feed the first RX audio into the left channel and
>the second RX (subRX or second radio) audio into the right channel, set
>up two copies of MMTTY, one configured to use each channel, and decode
>signals from both receivers at once with a single sound card.
>
>73,
>Rich VE3KI

The above is very useful for dual diversity when you have two
independent receivers fed from two independent antennas, but you can
also run multiple copies of MMTTY from the usual receiver's single
mono audio stream. Each copy can use different decode parameters if
you like. Just park them on different spots on the screen and have at
it. I routinely do this, and each copy only adds about 2% to my CPU load.

Jerry W4UK