Re: [RTTY] NA Sprint RTTY Log Check Report Analysis

To: "'David Levine'" <david@levinecentral.com>, "'CQ Contesting Reflector'" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>, "'RTTY Reflector'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] NA Sprint RTTY Log Check Report Analysis
From: "Ed Muns" <ed@w0yk.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 08:13:42 -0700
You're right ... K0YR did not submit a log, so log checking used the QSOs
from the received logs to determine his sent exchange.  Far more people
logged 'TOM' with the letter 'O' and that is more logical for a name anyway.
HOWEVER, my recording of the contest also shows that K0YR was sending 'T0M'
with a zero, so it is easy to just click in the exchange and not notice the
zero.  Using slashed fonts is highly recommended and may have helped in this
case.  Also, those who used a pre-fill database that had 'TOM' with the
letter 'O' would have fared better ... one of the few cases where relying on
pre-fill rather than what was actually sent is good!

73,
Ed
Ed Muns - W0YK
www.w0yk.com