Re: [RTTY] Icom FSK interface

To: "'RTTY Reflector'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Icom FSK interface
From: "Jim Hargrave" <w5ifp@gvtc.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 09:54:53 -0500
I have always homebrewed my own interface.

I built my first TU in the early 1960's using a 2in CRT and a XR2206/2211
chipset and re-purposed telephone coils. Its still functional.

My current interface includes a $0.99 USB sound card and a $5.95 USB2Serial
adapter.
Two single transistor circuits take care of the PTT and FSK.

There are many ways to achieve the final result. It all depends on your
pocketbook and how fancy you want to get.

    73s de Jim
       W5IFP