Re: [RTTY] ARRL issues Official Reply: Re 2.8KHz HF digital BW

To: Jeff Blaine <keepwalking188@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ARRL issues Official Reply: Re 2.8KHz HF digital BW
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 08:08:39 -0400

On 7/27/2013 9:31 PM, Jeff Blaine wrote:
If I ready it right, I think that Joes original point was that this
could turn into a step which would allow an easier path for
commercial or unregulated use of the bands.

Make that *further* commercial encroachment.  The maritime interests
are already using the bands illegally but pushing the bandwidth to
2.8 KHz and increasing data rat to 56K or better will make the bands
more interesting to a larger variety of users.

With encrypted protocols and no "listen before transmit" safeguards,
the autobots will run wild.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV