Re: [RTTY] RTTY & Digital Interference problems

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY & Digital Interference problems
From: " pcooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 10:06:54 -0800
Hi all,

I do understand the situation from both sides, as I use JT65 as well
(occasionally), but this is not a situation limited to an argument between RTTY
and JTx users.
During a CW contest, the RTTY segment is well used for that mode, and we don't
generally complain.

Part of the problem is that many (but not all!!!) JT65/JT9 operators have no
clue about any other modes that are adjacent to them.
Some also have little or no clue as to how to set up their transmit side, and
during Roundup on 20m, I experienced serious QRM from a very overdriven JT65
signal.

There are also PSK ops that clearly have no clue as to where to operate, as
there was a lot of PSK from 28072 to 28080, instead of the more usual 28120.

I have seen JT65 and PSK listed on the cluster as RTTY too. This implies some
ignorance of the "rules".

Lets not get too het up about this, as it doesn't occur that often, and in
general, that vast majority of experienced RTTY ops do acknowledge other users
and avoid conflict.
Having said that, there were several ops operating on top of the beacons on
14100!

73 all

Phil GU0SUP