Re: [RTTY] RTTY & Digital Interference problems

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY & Digital Interference problems
From: Rich <rwnewbould@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 21:25:25 -0500
I have no argument with your concern of QRM, but whether the unknown station actually heard something is speculation and not a scientific evaluation. If the person heard him he is wrong. If he truly heard nothing then he is legally permitted to be there and the other digital users must realize that also. Closing the spectrum to special groups is not the answer. I gave several other arguments that are the same case in point and their perceived ownership of the spectrum.

It is kind of funny after every RTTY contest there is some sort of dilemma usually it is the improper programming of macros. At least we have a new topic.

BTW I do not care what your macros look like, just call me I need all the points I can get.

Rich

Neither JT65, JT9, PSK31, PSK63, nor PSK125 sound like "random noise".
All have a distinctive "sound" and are clearly identifiable on a
waterfall or spectrum display.  It should even be possible to make an
informed guess as to the mode just based on the frequency - the
"center of activity" for each digital mode is published just about
everywhere except in the contest rules.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV