Re: [RTTY] RTTY & Digital Interference problems

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY & Digital Interference problems
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 15:14:45 -0500

On 2015-01-05 12:52 PM, RLVZ--- via RTTY wrote:
I'll say the "street goes both ways"! I received interference all
weekend from Non-RTTY Digital signals while I was operating in the so
called RTTY band.

Complain to the Winstink/CRAPTOR message system operators who were
responsible for that interference.  They have no "listen before
transmit" capability *at all*.  That interference was not from JT65/JT9
or PSK31/63 operations - both of which are generally limited to fairly
narrow ranges from xx.076-xx.080 and xx.70-xx.074 respectively (with
10 meter PSK also at 28.120-28.125).

Fact is, the RTTY band is far too narrow during major RTTY Contests
such as the ARRL RU and the upcoming CQ WPX RTTY Test.

That may be true ... but does not grant you, or anyone else, the right
to arbitrarily transmit over existing users of other frequencies without even so much as a listen or QRL? in their mode.

73,

  ... Joe, W4TV