Re: [RTTY] More GRITTY observations

To: "Tim Shoppa" <tshoppa@gmail.com>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] More GRITTY observations
From: "Larry Gauthier \(K8UT\)" <K8UT@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 10:43:07 -0400
Tim,

Thanks for sharing. I am particularly interested in your statement that "MMTTY works better on "slowish RTTY" senders", which lends credence to the notion that the best way to improve RTTY reception is to improve RTTY transmission. Do you have any insight into the source of those slowish transmissions? A particular RTTY program or product? Or a particular hardware device?

IF I remember correctly, Joe W4TV write a summary about serial port UARTs several years ago, describing the compromises inherent in getting 45.45 baud FSK from a serial port. Perhaps Joe can refresh my memory?

and, no - GRITTY would not decode BARTG75. I ended up with just 2tone and MMTTY in that contest yesterday.

-larry (K8UT)
-----Original Message----- From: Tim Shoppa