Re: [RTTY] More GRITTY observations

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] More GRITTY observations
From: "David G3YYD" <g3yyd@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 19:56:52 -0000
Ever since I started using 2Tone,it has always worked with Unshift on Space
(USOS) for both transmit and receive. I have not had any problem with it. I
suspect a newbie who has USOS off will soon learn that USOS on is the only
way to go. So it is not a problem. A newbie soon learns to turn on diddles
using shift character too.

My initial question was which software/hardware is it that always sends a
letters shift after a space character? This is unnecessary whether USOS is
on or off. I could see an argument to treat space character as a ltrs case
character and hence if in figs case send a ltrs shift before a space rather
than treat space character as a letters shift. But no needs to always send a
letters shift after a space character.

73 David G3YYD