Re: [RTTY] Decoder thoughts after WPX

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Decoder thoughts after WPX
From: "Alex, VE3NEA" <alshovk@dxatlas.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 20:41:46 -0500
The squelch threshold in v.1.2 of Gritty was set higher than optimal, to please those who used the program with narrowband filters. This ensured that the program printed very few garbage characters, regardless of the audio bandwidth, at the expense of not decoding some weak signals. I have just released v.1.3, with a few new features, and the squelch threshold set back to normal. More info is here: (https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dxatlas_group/conversations/messages/2499).

73 Alex VE3NEA

Is there some way to disable or lower the threshold of Gritty squelch so it
will at least try to decode with more marginal signals? I always turn
squelch off with the other decoders.

Tim N3QE