Re: [RTTY] Icom Rigs For Contesting

To: Rudy Bakalov <r_bakalov@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Icom Rigs For Contesting
From: Michael Zolno <luv.myipad3@me.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2016 09:45:59 -0400
GM Gang,

I just played in NAQP this past week with my 7410 and it was fantastic. One
item I found playing with the 7410 that I feel ICOM has not done a good job
advertising is that the USB not only does CAT, but if your interested in this
sort of thing, it does all the PSK sound card stuff without need for Signalink
USB or Rig Blaster external box. All through USB connector. I had HRD/DM780 up
and running on PSK in about 5 minutes. I am mainly CW, but found it interesting
it can do this. For NAQP, I was using FSK through the back 13 pin accy
connector and a serial keying interface. As an aside, I purchased both 6k & 3k
roofing filters from an eBay seller in Japan, NIB for $78 delivered to my door.
A far cry from $100 each US sellers want them for. I can dig up his name if
anyone needs these. Well worth the cost. For a better scope (panadapter) I am
using SDRplay through DXE-RTR-1a.

Great thread. Bob, your detailed expose on the 7600 was priceless.

All my best,

Mike WH6YH

Sent from my iPad