[TRLog] Interesting CW Technique

Subject: [TRLog] Interesting CW Technique
From: kk7a@micron.net (Jim - KK7A)
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 23:13:50 -0700
During the 160 test this last weekend, there was one individual who did
something that was truely amazing to me.  It is probably more common that I
think but the first time I've really noticed it.  He was calling CQ around
27wpm and got a call.  When he finished that QSO he called CQ again, but this
time slightly faster.  It appeared the faster his rate got during this run, the
faster his CW became until he was nearing 40wpm or so.  Then, when the run
stopped, he slowed way back down again.

Most of you are probably saying, "so what? I do that all the time."  Well maybe
that is why my CW scores are not has good as yours. hi hi  Listening to him
reminded me of the RUFZ program that gets faster and faster as you go.

Would you guys think it was cool if TR had parameters you could set such as:

MIN CW RUN SPEED = 27
MAX CW RUN SPEED = 40
CW RUN SPEED THRESHOLD = 80

The CW RUN SPEED THRESHOLD would be the rate in number of contacts per hour
before TR would start to increase the speed toward the maximum.

Maybe a silly idea since you can just hit the Page Up key to increase the speed
manually.  But some good ideas start with silly ones, don't they?

        73, Jim - KK7A

Jim Larson - KK7A -  Boise, Idaho   <><
http://netnow.micron.net/~kk7a