[TRLog] OT's 2 cents

Subject: [TRLog] OT's 2 cents
From: gbaron@sparc.isl.net (Gilbert Baron)
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 13:32:16 -0600
> basic bug which EVERYONE will encounter from time to time:
>

> Good thing you copied the exchange, huh?  So you go in and change ED to WARD
> and log him.  Great.
>
> The BUG is that the next time you work him in that contest, the
> exchange ONCE AGAIN comes up as "ED".
>
> We ALL know this is not the way it is supposed to work, right?  This
> a question of opinion, it is just a BUG.

Is this just an issue when you change the name or what happens if you
change other parts of the initial exchange? Does this affect any of the
information that is saved that is critical to contest rules. If I edit
something and it is not put in the LOG ITSELF then I would be very
upset. If it is only in the default information such that it is easy to
fix for the log and such that it won't affect the score then I would not
be too upset about it. I would agree that this is not worth a PTF
although a fixed next release would be nice, but not if it would make
the program cost more than we would want to pay.

I agree that just because he does a great job it does not excuse not
fixing a bad bug that affects the basic function of the program. I can't
think of a time that he has not fixed that type of error and quickly.
Something like this must be measured against the cost and what it would
do to the ability to support real operational problems and what it might
do to the cost in the future.

You have the same option that I have and that I have exercised with
other prgorams, if you don't like it the don't use it and go to
something else. Speak with your pocket book.
--
Gil  W0MN gbaron@sparc.isl.net
Bailar es vivir   44:04.925 N 92:30.758 W 1055'