[TRLog] Parallel Port CW Keying Troubles

Subject: [TRLog] Parallel Port CW Keying Troubles
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 07:31:08 -0400
Just a further twist -- some parallel port cards apparently won't do keying.
I bought and installed a Lava add-on ISA card, with 2 serial and one
parallel port.  Imagine my surprise when parallel port keying wouldn't work
through it.  I had to rejigger things so that my keying ran on LPT1, and
connect my printer to LPT2.  Then I discovered that DOS programs wouldn't
print.  My suspicion is that Lava came up with something clever in the
design of their board that makes it Windows-only and also won't let it
accept direct hardware calls like the parallel port keying routine.

73, Pete Smith N4ZR

Contesting is ... Extreme Radio

The World Contest Station Database
is back up and running at