[TRLog] TR//logwindows

Subject: [TRLog] TR//logwindows
From: wa4et@hotmail.com (David Price)
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 16:57:29 -0000
Please disreguard my spelling errors on the last go around, I was in a
hurry.

Where I live, you can bairly get 50 bucks for a dell pentium tower, some
just get chucked for bad power supplies and so forth because there are not
even worth opening up to fix. I have also bought a number of nice Compaq
color TFT laptops for around 200 bucks in the last several months...Now
anyone that works a portable operation, like I like to do, will be getting
or using laptops and they are every where.

I will help all of you,,,

DOS IS DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! long live the next operating system.

You guys might not like it, but your not living in reality

All that aside, my point is, anyone not using a low grade pentium these days
might as well be in the stone age, and not taking advantage of the there
power and 32 bit operating system capibilites is foolish. I know it can be
done, but the developer can't expect all the money up front and the user
can't expect everything the first time around.

If I where the developer,,, I think I wouldn't worry so much about CW, as it
is a smaller part of the overall users amd there needs.

I would look and build a DVK through the sound card, PSK, Rtty and so on.
The is alot more to contesting than CW. THis is not to say abandon it, of
course not.

LogWindows in has so much more to offer than TRlog when it comes to general
QSO's logging, awards tracking and so on. TRlog is a great contesting
program. You cant beleive how hard it was to talk my club into using
computers to log and how I had to buck the trend a convince then to use TR
over CT, now they wouldn't use anything else

BUILD your MARKET, and work on the CW stuff. TRLog is there for that segment
of the market and when the time and technolgy is right, merge them.

As a developer, you have your hands full already, so don't try to be all
things to all people, just try to make most of them happy and work on the
rest. IT a simple concept that all companies and developers use, give the
most to the most.

Regards