[Trlog] Display of actual QSO totals

To: TR Log Reflector <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: [Trlog] Display of actual QSO totals
From: Charlie Ocker <N9CO@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 08:07:56 -0700
During this past weekend's ARRL 160 contest, I had TR (v6.74) configured to "work dupes in run mode" because it was quicker and easier to work 'em again than to send the "qso b4" message.

I noticed, however, that the running QSO total included these dupes. The on-going score calculation was correct, as expected.

I think it would be very useful if the displayed QSO total did not show dupes. It would give the operator a better idea of how he/she is actually doing. Correct me if I'm wrong; I've been using TR since v3.83 way back in the early 90's and seem to recall that the displayed QSO total used to work this way.

FWIW, I had something like 40 dupes in my log. Many of these stations called me repeatedly. I don't know if this is normal for 160 contesting or not. Maybe they were casual ops who didn't use logging software?

73,
Charlie  N9CO