[Trlog] serial port keyed on starting TR

To: "TRLog Reflector" <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: [Trlog] serial port keyed on starting TR
From: "David Hachadorian" <K6LL@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 09:21:12 -0700
There's a thread going on another reflector, which reminded me of this TR issue, and gave me the idea for a possible solution.

I am doing so2r, with radio control and cw keying on two serial ports. When I start TR, the second serial port is cw key-down. I darn near melted an amplifier after the SS contest when I restarted the program to get some scoring data off the screen, and one of the amps was accidentally keyed down for about five minutes.

Are there any DOS experts out there who could suggest a .BAT file which would print on the screen "TURN OFF RADIOS," and then proceed to start TR after hitting the ENTER key?

Thanks!

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL Yuma, AZ