[TenTec] Transmatches/Tuners/Etc. -Reply

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Transmatches/Tuners/Etc. -Reply
From: PEPLASTERS@mail.rkd.snds.com (Paul Plasters)
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 14:12:31 -0500
Thanks to all who replied, to my queries on open feed line, baluns, etc.
I had purchased a G5RV kit from COAX Xperts.   When I teied to use it
for field day, it would not load up.  An investigation showeed the problem
was in the CO-AX adapter furnished with the kit.   I cut that adaptor off,
and went right to the Drake MN7 tuner.  I liked the way the antenna
worked so much that I wanted to put one like it up at home.  How ever I
did and probably still don't understand enough about BALUNS.  Oh yea, I
cut the adapter open, it was just 2 pieces of 18 gauge hookup wire
soldered to the SO239.  Well I will be calling Radio Works, per several
recommendations from fellow subscribers.  Thanks again, Paul WA9FFL
    o~
  _[-/)_
Ride to live-Live to ride
Paul WA9FFL "wa9ffl@aol.com"