[TenTec] Y2K

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Y2K
From: CookTA@corning.com (Cook, Thomas A)
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 1998 15:14:48 -0500
Somehow I think that if a little logic is applied to the QSL, solution, it
will be very obvious what the real year is.  Where we get into trouble is by
blindly trusting a fundamentally dumb machine to give us all the answers.
Garbage in + screwy software/firmware => smelly garbage out.  Will Y2K make
problems for people?  Yes.  I already had a problem with a "Hotline Home"
bill (daughter @ college), but to their credit, they found the problem,
admitted it, and gave a $5 credit to calm the masses.

Tom - WA2BPE