[TenTec] Y2K

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Y2K
From: carl.s.hyde@lmco.com (Carl Hyde)
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 08:55:57 -0500
Thats why I'm Collecting Collins equipment right now, No microprocessors, no
transistors, no Y2K problems,  but they work FB better than any ricebox.
Also heat the room up real nice and if you set a cup of cold water on top
the linear you can have hot chocolate in about 20 minutes on CW.:-)

BTW the Delta II has no Y2K problems because it doesn't use any date
function in the firmware.

Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, P.E. wrote:

> There's a really super prevention for Y2K in the Sunrise-Sunset program
> published in Byte Magazine for July 1981. It not only doesn't have a
> 2000 problem, it accomodates older calendars and their errors back to
> year 0. Probably before that too. I don't think it is set up for
> anything but European calendars, but could be. Written by an astronomer.
>
> It does take more than 5 lines of program to run.
>
> 73, Jerry, K0CQ
>
> --

Carl Hyde
carl.s.hyde@lmco.com
Desk:  (609) 866-6386
Fax:   (609) 866-6414

POLITICS:  From the Latin prefix "Poli" meaning "Many" and the word "Tics"
           meaning "blood sucking parasites"