[TenTec] Y2K

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Y2K
From: cait.martin@ibm.net (Caitlyn M. Martin)
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 19:36:30 -0500
Heya,

Actually, don't some TenTec rigs have clocks that show the date and are
actually microprocessor controlled?  What about the Delta II?

For those who think Y2K is a scam, I guarantee some disruption of the
economy in a year and a half.  In my company, we cannot take an order due
for deliver in 2000.  Our 10 year old ERP package can't handle it.  We have
grown by 100% over the last 4 years, and needed to replace the overworked
and outdated system, but Y2K added urgency.  So, a project with a few
million dollar price tag went forward now rather than later.

How many of you knew that the majority of ATM machines ran OS/2 1.3 as their
operating system?  None of those are Y2K compliant.  Most are either getting
replaced or getting new software and reprogrammed.  Do you know what *that*
costs?

Anyone in a business that still has something programmed for Microsoft
Access 2.0?  I am!  In less than 14 months it will think it's the year 100.
We have to upgrade to Access '97, which is not backwards compatible.  Guess
what?  Reprogramming costs.

It is not a scam at all.  I'm an IS professional, and I know.

73,
Caity
KU4QD