[TenTec] ssb

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ssb
From: stan@studio-maint.com (Stan Jacox)
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 16:15:52 -0800
Charles
That does not sound like an Omni V should sound like on SSB. Did you have the
Noise Blanker turned on while listening to these strong stations? That could
have caused the symptoms you were describing.
Good Luck
Stan KM6XZ

charles w burkhardt wrote:

> Gentlemen:  Got my Omni V on SSB during last weeks SS test.
> Interesting-could not understand anyone at first. Finally cranked the RF
> gain back to about 9  O'Clock, which helped, then the AF gain back to 9,
> which improved things even more, I could  now read most of the signals.
> Punched in the attenuator and that  really made a difference, I was then
> able  copy   essentially all of the signals I heard. I got the impression
> some of the signals were a bit broad and these tended to make copy of
> adjacent  signals somewhat  difficult. Anyway , it was a different kind
> of fun. Perhaps should try SSB more often, get some practice. Anyone else
> copy SSB in this manner? Charlie Burkhardt K0GPF

> --

Stan Jacox
Studio Maintenance Center http://www.studio-maint.com
1-800-918-3300