[TenTec] Shortage of electrontic parts

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Shortage of electrontic parts
From: tacquire@earthlink.net (Dan)
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 18:17:23 -0700

--------------B5951417599AD246707011EA

I have to drool whenever I look in old qst's or handbooks and see all
the great old american made radio parts.  Johnson, National, etc etc etc

Sigh

Chris Robson wrote:

> Boy can I relate to the Shortage of electronic parts...My business had
> some purchase orders cancelled due to the product we produce mates
> with some LEDs  which my customer can not get due to this shortage.
> This is known as trickle down effect. I guess thats what happens when
> we work in a global economy where the bare footed & rice eaters can't
> be whipped to work harder. I guess this would be a great opportunity
> for some American company to start manufacturing in the US...oh,
> that's right we don't support manufacturing in this country...Never
> mind.
>
> 73, Chris KB3A
>
>  Chris RobsonThe Robson Company,Inc.4485 Kell Rd.Fairview, Pa.
> 16415ISO 9001 CertifiedPlastic Injection Mold Design &Injection
> Molding of small precision componentsPhone & Fax:
> 814-474-1211http://www.robsonco.comE-Mail: crobson@robsonco.com

--------------B5951417599AD246707011EA

I have to drool whenever I look in old qst's or handbooks and see all the
great old american made radio parts.&nbsp; Johnson, National, etc etc etc
electronic parts...My business had some purchase orders cancelled due to
the product we produce mates with some LEDs&nbsp; which my customer can
not get due to this shortage.&nbsp; This is known as trickle down effect.
I guess thats what happens when we work in a global economy where the bare
footed &amp; rice eaters can't be whipped to work harder. I guess this
would be a great opportunity for some American company to start manufacturing
in the US...oh, that's right we don't support manufacturing in this
country...Never
mind.</font>
16415ISO 9001 CertifiedPlastic Injection Mold Design &amp;Injection Molding
of small precision componentsPhone &amp; Fax: 814-474-1211<a
href="http://www.robsonco.com/";
EUDORA="AUTOURL">http://www.robsonco.com</a>E-Mail:
crobson@robsonco.com

--------------B5951417599AD246707011EA--