[TenTec] Jupiter- How easy to operate?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter- How easy to operate?
From: wa2tti@worldlynx.net (Jerry Harley)
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 09:28:31 -0500
My opinion is the Jupiter is very intuitive.  I went thorough 95% or more with
out reading the manual.  In 3 days, and that is how long we have had the
Jupiter, I have gone through everything a few times.  Push button, use mutli
function knob.  Push Alt and push another button.  There is one set and forget
menu that is stepped down through by using the main turning knob and adjustments
with the multi function knob ( had to read about this one but only one time )
The bottom line, "Your not going to have to carry the manual around with you to
operate this rig"
Let me add that I own an FT100 and a Icom 746 and there are thinks about both
that I need to go to the book for or that I don't even know how they work yet.
I'll comment on the Icom vs the Jupiter after I have a few more weeks operating
time, but for right now I'll tell you the Jupiter is there winner, love the
quite receiver, easy on the eye display, the DSP filters and a little PBT.
Jerry