[TenTec] [Q] Jupiter lockup

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] [Q] Jupiter lockup
From: Dan.Newby@cti-pet.com (Dan.Newby@cti-pet.com)
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 08:34:59 -0400
Ken,

My Jupiter did the same thing. I took it in to Ten Tec to let them look at
it. The first thing Paul did was to blame the problem on my power supply.
But we hooked it up to one of their supplies, the switcher they sell, and
it did the same thing once.  They kept it a couple days and said they never
got it to act up again.....but, they did change a resistor value, at this
point I don't remember which one and my paper work is in storage due to
moving, to "allow the radio to turn on easier". Anyway, since then it has
never acted up again. You might give them a call and see if they can tell
you which one to change and what to change it to.

Hope this helps.
Dan
WD4LUR

                    Ken Hopper

                    <khopper@uchicago       To:     tentec@contesting.com

                    .edu>                   cc:

                    Sent by:                Subject:     [TenTec] [Q] Jupiter
lockup
                    tentec-admin@cont

                    esting.com

                    08/25/2001 10:51

                    AM

                    Please respond to

                    khopper

Dear Jupiter owners,
My Jupiter sometimes comes up in a locked state with 10.139.000 on VFO-A
with
no front panel button response at all, no RX, no TX. Has anyone else
experienced this?  After power cycling it several times (five or more) it
eventually clicks in and comes to life. There is no sweep grid displayed,
lock
button is lighted, no other strangeness.  This seems to happen most often
when
the rig has not been used and has been sitting powered down with no other
connections for five or more days.
Any clues?
Tnx,
Ken N9VV