[TenTec] cone Antenna PHOTO of how to wind them which band?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] cone Antenna PHOTO of how to wind them which band?
From: rohre@arlut.utexas.edu (Stuart Rohre)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 13:52:02 -0500
Well, I do not disagree that capture area is all important to great
antennas.  But for the condo owner with antenna restrictions, he is never
going to see the antenna farms that Tom and I love to build of horizontal
Vee beams, rhombics, Double Extended Zepps, and giant loops.

This Cone antenna is for the patio or balcony of the apartment/ condo or
deed restricted zero lot line homes.  It is better than a no antenna, a
mobile whip or other attempts to radiate in such a volume.  Nothing more nor
less than maintaining reasonable antenna efficiency in the face of the
obstacles of modern living.
Stuart K5KVH