[TenTec] Ham-Com & Ten-Tec

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ham-Com & Ten-Tec
From: k4cgy_list@yahoo.com (James C. Owen, III)
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 07:14:27 -0700 (PDT)
--- Joe Malloy <jmalloy@stny.rr.com> wrote:
> Eric, the tuning rate on the Jupiter is adjustable
>  (Ten-Tec doesn't allow you 50 Hz or 500 Hz, for
> example,

Hi Joe and Gang,
   Just a small correction here. You can get 50Hz and 500Hz steps
but you must have the remote tuning knob. If you set one of the
buttons to be STEP then when you cycle through the 50Hz and 500Hz
are available. Strange though when you press step on the front
panel it shows that when you have 50Hz selected the bottom row
indicates 1Hz. I think that they just didn't have enough buttons
to include it on the front panel. Another good reason to have a
remote.

73 Jim K4CGY