[TenTec] Paragon VFO Problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon VFO Problem
From: geraldj@isunet.net (Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, electrical engineer)
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 07:26:34 -0500
I think he meant that the tuning slowed though the knob turned OK.

But if you are going to apply OIL, apply OIL, not distilled kerosene!
Water Displacer number 40 is not a permanent or quality lubricant. It
penetrates poorly and lubricates very temporarily. I used to think it
was a lubricant, but every thing I used it on like squeaky car door
hinges resumed their squeak in a short time.

Something like a gun lubricant, electric motor lubricant, or sewing
machine oil is virtually infinitely better.

73, Jerry, K0CQ
--
Entire content copyright Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, electrical engineer.
Reproduction by permission only.