[TenTec] Firmware

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Firmware
From: res0wsci@verizon.net (William Mansey; WA2PVK)
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 21:32:18 -0400
Hello All,=20
    One point I neglected to mention in my previous postings - - - That =
is that I am NOT complaining! =20
    I agree completely with Tom; N1OPO in that the Jupiter has met =
and/or exceeded my expectations.  I ordered the Jupiter right after it =
was announced and got one of the earliest ones.  I paid for it back then =
BUT never expected that Ten-Tec would continue to provide firmware =
updates FREE!  One of the reasons for deciding to purchase the Jupiter =
is the concept of firmware updates.  That was a primary advertising =
point AND unlike many, if not most, advertising claims this one is =
completely true!
    Someone pointed out that no one is perfect and I agree.  (I even =
remember making ONE mistake myself!)  :-)
    I think that the folks responsible for the firmware updates need to =
take a "TIME OUT" before releasing any further updates.  I certainly =
would not mind waiting a while for the next update.  Perhaps they are =
now being too hasty and that is why there have been problems.  If one =
does not have time to do something right - - - where is one going to =
find time to do it over?    C'mon guys - put the firmware updates aside =
for a while and take some time to regroup.   Thanks to Ten-Tec for great =
radios and support!   73;  Bill

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---