[TenTec] The 516 and tuners

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] The 516 and tuners
From: Winston F. Jones" <winjones@ix.netcom.com (Winston F. Jones)
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 10:00:56 -0500
I bought the Jupiter without the tuner, but bought the kit and added it
later myself. It doesn't take the SWR down to the level it should, compared
to my external LDG AT-11. I posted this info on the Ten-Tec Reflector
sometime back. It also seems others have had the same problem. I got an
e-mail from LDG advising me that there's a trimmer on the tuner board that
can be used to get the SWR down to better levels. I just haven't gotten
around to doing it. I'm still using my LDG external tuner and the nice thing
about it is that it automatically tunes when the SWR is out of range. You
don't have to push a tune button every time. I wish Ten-Tec had kept this
feature on the built-in tuner.
73, Winston  K4CWQ