[TenTec] Century 22 Internal Keyer

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Century 22 Internal Keyer
From: winjones@ix.netcom.com (Winston F. Jones)
Date: Sun May 25 18:13:56 2003
I bought a Century 22 about three years ago and it didn't have an internal
keyer in it. I discovered that the circuit board used in the Model 670
external keyer for the Century 21 is the same as the internal keyer board
for the Century 22. So I bought a Model 670 keyer, stripped the board from
it and installed it in my Century 22.

I've had problems with it. Although I don't think it's semi-automatic, as
one of you described, it does miss "dahs" every now and then and throws my
keying rhythm completely off. I rarely use the internal keyer any more and
rely on an old external Ten-Tec keyer.
73, Winston K4CWQ