[TenTec] Why Ethernet?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Why Ethernet?
From: wn3vaw@fyi.net (Ron Notarius WN3VAW)
Date: Mon Jun 2 17:00:02 2003
Why would I want to use Ethernet?

Because one day, I want to be able to control a radio that is located a
significant distance away from me, distances further than currently allowed
by USB or RS232.

This is no longer a trivial question.  I am now renting a townhouse and at
present do not have permission to hook up an antenna (though I'm working on
it).  The capability to remotely control an off-site radio would be a bonus.

73, ron wn3vaw

AJ:  "Did you ever hear of Evel Kneival?"
Lev:  "I never saw Star Wars"

-- Armageddon