[TenTec] Jupiter Rev 1.24

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter Rev 1.24
From: w4njf@email.midflorida.com (Bill Fulling)
Date: Mon Jun 30 17:48:49 2003
Hello Gang,
Downloaded Jupiter rev 1.24 Sunday PM and while it gave me Xmit on 60 mtrs(into
a 50 ohm dummy load of course),
I lost Xmit capibilty on 160;after a lot of intenal relay grinding(sounded like
an old Gottlieb pinball machine racking up a big score!)lost 160 xmit
capability.Had it for a few minutes while the relays were cycling;tried
reloading ver 1.23 but still no output.Went to Peg mode and no joy there either.
Don't know what this new bug is but I'm getting kind of tired of the Jupiter"s
chronic fickleness with regard to any antenna that is is not  R50-jx0 flat from
DC to light along with a having to have a grond system that must meet lab specs.
Will swap this hair puller straight up for a Good KWM2-A and I'll pay the
freight both ways.
Thank God T/T stayed out of the handheld business;its hard to say "Your antenna
is too close to your rig-that"s why its acting goofy!"(Maybe I can let my next
door neighbor put my antenna system on his roof,so my Jupe might work once in a
while!)
73 de W4NJF