[TenTec] Disillusioned with your Orion, Long for the good olddays?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Disillusioned with your Orion, Long for the good olddays?
From: AC5E@aol.com (AC5E@aol.com)
Date: Tue Jul 1 18:41:00 2003
Well, I guess that's my chuckle of the day. And I needed it.  But after
comparing speech proccessor settings with ON4UN I didn't need it badly enough
swap the first rig I reach for after work, for the stuff I used in my first ham
radio incarnation.

But lordy, how far we have come!  The concept of variable bandwidth would
have been something straight off the pages of Astounding Stories - a hybrid
computer/radio would have been equally off the wall. After all, everyone knew
computers used thousands upon thousands of 6V6's and requred scores of
technicians
to change tubes.

On the other hand, human nature hasn't changed. We can all enjoy ham radio,
talk to friends and make new ones. And spin the knob when what we hear does not
suit us.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E