[TenTec] Orion Withdrawal

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion Withdrawal
From: jimr.reid@verizon.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Tue Jul 1 21:22:46 2003
> My Orion is now in Memphis,  per the Fed Ex tracking
> service.

Wow,  the Orion left Memphis at 3:30 pm EDT today.

Do you suppose it might get to TT tomorrow? I better
call Paul,  I forgot to include in my letter with the rig
that I had made an internal mod to the Orion!

I have used the "spare" RCA" jack as an output
for an antenna connection to my RX-340.  Don't
want them removing that; it was a b...h kitty to
perform,  hi.  Just a short coax connecting between
the RF antenna input to the Orion sub rcvr, to the
spare connector.  That way the 340 may act as the
sub rcvr;  all using the N4PY software,  of course.
Instructions for this mod were developed by Carl also.

73,  Jim  KH7M