[TenTec] Limited space antenna

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Limited space antenna
From: justo@maplenet.net (j)
Date: Thu Jul 10 21:45:44 2003
----- Original Message -----
From: "Vin Santis" <vsantis@earthlink.net>

> Good morning,
>
> I'm faced with having to make an antenna change because of severely
> resticted space. ..............I'll appreciate any comments on
> this arrangement or alternatives to it.
>
> TIA,
>
> Vince Santis, N1VS

vince,

a few years ago, i had heard about a sm. antenna (i recall that it takes up
about 16 feet) that supposedly does fairly well throughout the amateur
freqs.  i 1st learned of it thru an article in CQ mag.  the antenna is
called the "d2t" antenna from giovannini in italy.  it's kind of $$$ @
around $520 (at the time -- about dec 2000).  haven't been able to get
enough info on it tho' to give me the confidence to buy it.  may be you
could do better if this type of antenna appeals to you.  or may be s.one on
the list knows s.thing about it?