[TenTec] Omni VI+ filters

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI+ filters
From: "Paul DeWitte K9OT" <k9ot@mhtc.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 12:19:39 -0600
I will be using a new to me Omni VI+ in the ARRL 160m contest. I presently
have all of the filter slots filled except for the 9MHZ IF which has a 500
HZ filter in one slot and the other one is open.
My question is, is it worth it to go ahead and add the 250 HZ filter in the
9MHZ or does it make it too narrow? Switching in and out the 500 HZ filter
sure makes a difference on close QRM. For those of you that have the 250 HZ
filter in the 9MHZ slot, how does it sound? Is it like the 250 filter in the
6.3 MHZ and ring?

Thanks for any replies
73 Paul K9OT