RE: [TenTec] Omni VI confusion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Omni VI confusion
From: "NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 22:23:54 -0800
As I recall, Ten-Tec called all 563's with any upgrade option an OmniVI+.
One of the options (I think it was #2) even included a little Omni VI+ badge
to paste over the old Omni VI label on the front panel.
There were differences in the radios, but they were all Omni VI+'s.

To describe a radio exactly, you cannot use the term "Omni VI", whether you
add a plus or not.  Instead, we have to say 563 (plus option - if any), or
564.  To say that only the 564 was a true VI+ is wrong because Ten-Tec
called them all VI+'s.  (as best I recall)

Back then I knew exactly the difference but today I can't recall.

I'm sure this has been explained at least once a year for the past 5 or 6
years.  This is the kind of info we need a dedicated web page for!

73
Rick