Re: [TenTec] ORION BCI

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ORION BCI
From: "Bob Henderson" <bob@cytanet.com.cy>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 18:08:40 -0000
Mark

If your conclusion is correct Ten Tec should indeed correct the design flaw
and issue an ECO but is your conclusion correct?  Perhaps you have a dry
joint or a bad component somewhere preceding the internal attenuator.  Ten
Tec should still fix the radio for you and foc if it's still under warranty
but they will be dealing with a manufacturing defect not a design flaw.

I really don't know what the true situation is but I have not experienced
any of the symptoms you describe with either of my two Orions.  There are of
course many environmental variables influencing our different experiences
but we do have rather a lot of high power rf generators on this small
island.

73, Bob 5B4AGN