[TenTec] re should i buy an orion

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] re should i buy an orion
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 18:53:28 +0000
<<<That's ridiculous.  Yes there were some firmware issues, and still are a
few.

But "tinker"? Nah!>>>

Ya know Grant, it would be kind of nice if it were possible to post a thoughtful, albeit possibly constructively critical comment here about Ten Tec, without having you leap into attack mode.

Do you have a pager that beeps whenever someone posts something you don't like? Get a Ten Tec tattoo, and switch to decaf.

BTW, as I've stated before, I tried to operate an Orion on phone at a TT hamfest for 45 minutes unsucessfully. And I always thought I could get any rig to at least transmit, without a manual. Omni VI is still my go-to cw rig. Great front-end.

Moving on now...

73,

Rob/K5UJ