Re: [TenTec] The future of The Orion I

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] The future of The Orion I
From: "ChasW3KC" <w3kc@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 12:19:35 -0400
From: "Martin, AA6E"

>... TT may be tempted to implement new fancy features that
> will run on O II but not on O I, because of limited CPU resources, and
> the firmware may diverge for the two radios, with O I getting more and
> more orphaned.

They will likely be more than tempted. After all, they want the Orion II to be
the best it can be. And if I purchase an Orion II, I would certainly want TT to
maximize it's features, functionality, and performance as time went by. That was
the vision I had of the Orion, and now, hopefully, they will have the hardware
to do allow it.

73 Chas W3KC