Re: [TenTec] Orion vs SDR-1000

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion vs SDR-1000
From: CATFISHTWO@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 00:24:51 EDT
In some respects, it is a bit of concern that they may cut into the market
for Orion and Orion II, BUT  then again, perhaps  another entry into  the soft
ware defined radio world will allow us to advance the technology even  faster.

Sometimes if several folks work on the same problem at the same time from
different approaches, we, the consumer is the one who benefits the most.

I think of it kind of like the linux software, everyone has the ability to
change it in a way that is useful to them, as in designing programs that still
fit inside the linux framework.

So in the long run, a little competition and a different outlook may in the  l
ong run be a boon to us all.

Just my opinion, YMMV

tom N6AJR