Re: [TenTec] O2 keyer

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] O2 keyer
From: RaySoifer@cs.com
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 12:30:16 EST
Hi,

I must say that I'm mystified by the comments that have come back since my
original post on this topic.  Some people report problems with the O2 keyer,
and
some say that theirs is fine.  (I can't respond to the comments about the
original Orion because I never had one.)

So, I don't know if:

1.  Some of the O2 keyers are defective in some way, but not all
2.  The O2 keying problem that I experienced might not originate in the keyer
at all, but rather might be related to the crashing problem that caused me to
have to return my O2 for service (i.e., both may have somethng to do with the
internal computer)
3.  The keyer is fine but is simply not "tolerant" enough for me to send with
it

I've alerted TT to the issue in the letter that accompanied my O2, and will
report back after the radio is returned.  In the meantime, thanks for the
comments.

73,

Ray W2RS