[TenTec] Paragon 585 near perfect for sale

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon 585 near perfect for sale
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 12:52:13 -1000
I have for sale a Paragon 585, with all the optional Ten-Tec (288, 285,
282) filters. It is in near perfect condition, and is being serviced by
Ten-Tec to repair a memory loss problem. When Ten-Tec is done it will be
fully functional to Ten-Tec specifications. It will be shipped directly
to the buyer from Ten-Tec. Ten-Tec says it will be four to six weeks
until it is serviced. There is no RS232 board or Voice board. It has the
standard Ten-Tec firmware, not the Giehl chip. I must admit I don't know
whether it has the FM board. I can't look at it now, because Ten-Tec has
it. I never used it in FM mode. I will email digital photos to anyone
interested. This rig has never been in a smoking environment. I am
asking $900, plus shipping. I invite you to compare this with what
Ten-Tec asks when they have a use Paragon for sale. Keep in mind that
the price Ten-Tec advertises in their used/demo announcements is for
radios with only the standard filters, leaving three filter slots empty.
You can watch this reflector to see what the going price is for used
filters. Add 3X that filter price to what Ten-Tec sells a used/demo unit
for and compare to what I am asking.

Ken N6KB