[TenTec] Orion II and other $$$ deliveries

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion II and other $$$ deliveries
From: "Paul - W8KC" <w8kc@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 14:51:06 -0500
I gotta grin at the UPS stories regarding the Orion II deliveries.
Especially when you bring up economics.

Now, you fellows that can fork out that kind of coin for a hobby obviously
don't have many money issues.  Na Na na na na.... DON'T even THINK of
hitting the reply button.  You don't.  Period.

Still, I don't risk things costing a quarter of your beautiful, new, Orion
II being sent to my house.  I don't exactly live in the ghetto, but why risk
the poor delivery guy two more chances to drop it?

Unless you are many miles away from a UPS/FedEx delivery center, you might
try my approach.  I always have expensive items held for me to pick up in
person.  Our delivery center is not too far out of my way on the drive home,
plus I get the thing a whole day earlier in MANY cases, and the same day at
the worse.  No yellow stickies on the door saying they will try again
tomorrow.  No running out of time on busy days.  No frantic pacing in the
driveway.

:-)

73! =paul= W8KC -- Collector of Ten*Tecs and other fine plastics.
Visit the Virtual Ten*Tec Museum at
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/w8kc/tentec.html
Listen to 7.040 MHz from anywhere with Media Player v10
http://www.w8kc.com/stream.htm