Re: [TenTec] Orion II delivered

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II delivered
From: Joe Malloy <jmalloy@stny.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 13:40:21 -0500
Gary Tuck wrote:

>I am at the point of telling shippers, "If you use UPS, I don't want
>it."
>
>  Twice this winter, I've followed the progress of a package on their
>web site to have it not arrive when scheduled. At 9 pm it suddenly
>says that it has been rescheduled for the next day. It was supposedly
>"out for delivery" on the day it was originally scheduled.  It
>happened again yesterday with a repair coming back from TT.  I paid
>extra for 2nd day air cuz of scheduling problems on my end, and no
>radio.  I know that UPS will drop and run and don't want $2k of radio
>sitting open on my front porch either.  Hope they get it right today.
>
>73, Gary W7TEA

I hear you, Gary, and I've had many experiences like yours  Most
recently I ordered a DVD-recorder on December 15 and it was promptly
shipped -- and I was provided with a tracking number. I watched its
progress and expected delivery on the 21st; it didn't get here (it was
listed as "rescheduled" on the UPS site) and I figured, well, maybe the
next day or ... well, it won't be before Christmas, no matter, it was
not a Christmas present.  But it took until JANUARY 6 to actually
deliver it.  Mind you, on the days when the UPS list said "customer not
home" I know I *was* home, because it was intersession.  I don't know
what's up with them, but their service has really gone downhill in the
last few years.

Of course, FedEx is only marginally better, but preferable to UPS.

73,

Joe, W2RBA