[TenTec] v2.056 TX audio quality

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] v2.056 TX audio quality
From: "Barry Gross" <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 16:25:44 +0000
I've been doing some tx audio quality comparison between v1.373b5 and v2.056.
I've been making recordings through both the Orion monitor and on a 2nd
receiver with wide bandwidth.  The v2 audio just isn't as clean & deep as
v1.  I've compensated for the difference in tx equalization - I'm finding
that I now need -5dB when before I was using -15dB. I've been using
CoolEditPro for recording and compression measurement and SpectraPLUS for
running spectra of the recordings.  My audio source is a Marshall mic
feeding Behringer preamp and eq into the Orion aux input.

Anybody else doing some critical testing of v2.056 ssb audio and wish to
share their findings?  It's not that v2.056 sounds bad at all - it's just
that v1 sounded very, very good.

73, Barry N1EU